The company manages import distribution businesses in Barbados, St. Vincent, St. Lucia, Grenada, Antigua, St. Kitts and Jamaica. In all the islands other than Jamaica, the companies distribute dry and cold food plus liquor while St. Lucia and St. Vincent have insurance agencies, hardware businesses and the Nissan car dealership which is also represented in Barbados and Jamaica. In Barbados, batteries and tyres are sold while car rental is also a major part of the business with Courtesy Car Rentals and Auto Rentals.
Another aspect to this division is the marketing of the Cockspur Rum brand internationally. This brand was originally conceived in Barbados and GEL now owns 75% of this brand with Diageo owning the other 25%.
Our import and distribution companies include:
- Corea & Co. (1988) Limited – St. Vincent
- Coreas Hazells Inc – St. Vincent
- Courtesy Garage Limited – Barbados
- Fidelity Motors Limited - Jamaica
- Goddards Shipping (Barbados) Ltd.
- Hilbe Investments Limited – Barbados
- Minvielle & Chastanet [M&C] Ltd - St. Lucia
- Tropical Battery (A division of Courtesy Garage Limited) – Barbados
- Jonas Browne and Hubbard (Grenada) Limited - Grenada
- Antiseptic Limited
- Tropical Laundries